When you hire a personal injury law firm, you want to know it has the experience needed to get you the compensation you need to put your life back in order, to the extent that’s possible.
While every case is different, and you cannot infer what we can do for you from what we’ve obtained for previous clients, we feel our accomplishments show how hard we work to get the best results possible for everyone we try to help:
Defective Drug Death
- Obtained the maximum six-figure settlement amounts from insurance carriers and a drug manufacturer for the family of a motorcycle rider injured in a motorcycle accident who later died as a result of an allegedly defective drug.
Car and Truck Accidents
- Obtained settlement in excess of $600,000 for a man suffering multiple fractures following a collision with a semi-truck.
- Negotiated a settlement totaling over $800,000 for a forklift operator who suffered a fractured leg when struck by a commercial delivery truck.
- Negotiated a confidential wrongful death settlement of over $1,000,000 on behalf of the family of a motorcycle rider involved in a collision with a tractor-trailer.
- Negotiated a wrongful death settlement in excess of $1,200,000 for the family of a motorcycle rider killed near MountainFest.
Oil and Gas Injuries
- Obtained settlements from well services company and employer (deliberate intent) in excess of $200,000 for truck driver injured on oil and gas drilling site.
- Obtained settlement in excess of $150,000 for an oilfield worker suffering a broken arm in a drilling accident.
- Obtained confidential six-figure settlement for an oilfield worker suffering back injury on rig site.
- Obtained a six-figure jury verdict at trial equal to around four year’s salary in favor of a former employee in breach of employment contract lawsuit.
- Obtained a confidential settlement against oil and gas services provider on behalf of a minority client who was terminated after an altercation with a white employee who was allowed to continue employment.
- Recovered retirement benefits for retired coal mining engineers from a coal company that attempted to shield prior debts in spin-off through bankruptcy.
- Successfully appealed the denial of UMWA survivor benefits on behalf of the widow of a deceased miner.
- Successfully recovered pension benefits under a self-funded ERISA plan for a retired worker in the metals industry.
- Negotiated confidential settlements in excess of $500,000 on behalf of several employees of a local restaurant chain harassed by a manager.
- Obtained a confidential settlement against a hospital in sexual harassment and gender discrimination claim where an employee was terminated after reporting alleged sexual harassment.
- Negotiated a confidential settlement against a fast-food chain in sexual harassment and gender discrimination claim where an employee was forced to resign after repeated unwanted sexual advances by a coworker.
ATV/Off-Road Vehicle Accidents
- Obtained wrongful death settlements totaling over $1.8 million on behalf of the family of a boy killed in a tractor accident at a summer camp.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in products liability cases involving ATV/four-wheeler and motorcycle accidents.
Slip and Fall Accidents
- Obtained settlement in excess of $150,000 for a client who suffered a shoulder injury after slipping on ice at a restaurant.
- Obtained settlement of over $210,000 for a client who suffered ankle injury due to a poorly maintained apartment parking area.
- Obtained settlement of $200,000 for a client who slipped and injured her back due to negligence of contractor at hotel.
Oil and Gas Litigation
- Obtained total settlements in excess of $240,000 on behalf of minor interest holders in a mineral trespass action.
- Obtained summary judgment entitling client to over $270,000 in a mineral royalty dispute.
Medical Malpractice/Nursing Home Abuse
- Obtained settlements of nearly $300,000 from the hospital and nursing home on behalf of the family of an elderly woman who developed pressure ulcers while a patient in the hospital.
- Negotiated a settlement of over $600,000 from a hospital chain for the family of an elderly woman who developed pressure ulcers while a rehabilitation patient in the hospital.
- Obtained confidential six-figure settlement for a family of a woman killed as a result of negligent heart surgery.
- Negotiated a settlement for our client for the full insurance policy limits of over $400,000 in an accounting malpractice and fraud case.
- Obtained a high five-figure settlement for client in breach of coal consulting agreement.
- Successfully defended a client from collection efforts of major banks due to fraudulently obtained commercial loans.
Wagoner Desai, PLLC
265 High Street, 3rd Floor
Citizens Bank Building
Morgantown, WV 26505
Read more reviews on Google!